Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My first day at school

It felt like I was pursuing the first chapter of my life, feeling confident and excited that I was attending a new school. When I was younger I watched my older brother get prepared and dash out the door whle I, inquisitively, asked my mum about the primary that my older sibling went to.

When I walked through the door of my new classroom the students were all rambunctious and really loud. I felt excluded at first but then I met a great friend called Taripa. It was great playing with him and he was my best friend but something tragic happened; he moved to Christchurch 2 years later. But anyway, back to my story. When I discovered my teacher she was remarkable as she loved cooking and most of all she loved children and never scolded anyone. She once made cookies which tasted scrumptious and sweet. Her name was Miss Mathias.

When the bell rang for lunch me and my new radiant friend Taripa played heroic games that featured all around the school for a period of hours.

Time went very fast and it was already time to go home! I waited impatiently inside the classroom wanting to tell my mum about my first day.

By Niko Moala, Year 6
Weymouth Primary

2 comments:

  1. I got a real sense of your emotions on the first day of school. Well done Niko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...a wide and wonderful range of vocabulary. :D

    ReplyDelete